Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
For the Job Seeker:
With a highly-rated, professional, proven track record, and our people-focused ethos, this is a sought-after organisation to become a part of.
This position entails providing telephonic and on-line technical support to our client base on our POS software, Arch, using SQL as the back-end.
A function of this role is to determine whether a query is a user error or a system error. System errors are referred to Technical Consultant department.
- Professional communication skills in English.
- Spoken communication skills in, or understanding of Afrikaans, advantageous, however not essential.
- BSc (IT) or IT diploma (A+; N+) or MCSE.
- Software experience.
- Microsoft SQL knowledge / experience highly sought after, however not essential.
- 2+ year work experience in an IT environment.
- IT support desk experience.
- Retail / POS background advantageous.
- Own transport preferred, however not essential.
Key Involvement with:
- Customer Support Manager
- Customer Support Technical Manager
- Customer Support Team Leader
- Customer Support Technicians
- Data Monitors
- Call Loggers
- Conflict Handling
- Team Inclination
- Problem Solving
- Conceptual Application
- Task Efficiency
- Professional & Integrity
Career Development Opportunities:
- Gaining industry-specific expertise in POS and retail
- In-depth learning of the complex Arch Retail software system
- Career development and possible promotion from within
- Potential for further certifications / qualification
As the nature of our business is not 8-5, please note that shift-work applies.
- 07h00 - 16h00
- 08h00 - 17h00
- 09h00 - 18h00
- 10h00 - 19h00
- 11h00 - 20h00
- 16h00 - midnight / late (upgrade shift).
Further Shift and Overtime Information:
- Staff work on average 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday shifts a month. In the week following a Saturday shift you will get 1 day during the week off.
- Sundays are paid at 1.5 times overtime as Sundays are part of our normal support hours.
- Public holidays are paid at 2 times overtime.
- Upgrade shifts are not eligible for overtime.
- A flat rate per upgrade is paid according to store size.
- There is a stand-by shift, from 20h00 - 07h00, which is covered by 1 person for 1 week at a time.
- A stand-by allowance is paid.
Please provide us with a detailed CV as well as a copy of a recent salary slip.
Although we strive to respond to each individual application, should you not hear from us within 15 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Wishing you well with your career search.