This position entails providing telephonic and on-line technical support to our client base on our POS software, Arch, using SQL as the back-end.
A function of this role is to determine whether a query is a user error or a system error. System errors are referred to Technical Consultant department.
- Professional communication skills in English
- Spoken communication skills in, or understanding of Afrikaans, advantageous
- BSc (IT) or IT diploma (A+; N+) or MCSE
- Software experience
- Microsoft SQL knowledge / experience sought after, however not essential
- Between 2-3 years' work experience in an IT environment
- IT support desk experience advantageous
- Retail / POS background advantageous
Key Involvement with:
- Customer Support Manager
- Customer Support Technical Manager
- Customer Support Team Leader
- Customer Support Technicians
- Data Monitors
- Call Loggers
- Conflict Handling
- Team Inclination
- Problem Solving
- Conceptual Application
- Task Efficiency
- Professional & Integrity
Career Development Opportunities:
- Gaining industry-specific expertise in POS and retail
- In-depth learning of the complex Arch Retail Software System
- Gaining SQL expertise
- Career development and possible promotion from within
- Potential for further certification
As the nature of our business is not 8-5, please note that shift-work applies.
- 07h00 - 16h00
- 08h00 - 17h00
- 09h00 - 18h00
- 10h00 - 19h00
- 11h00 - 20h00
- 16h00 - midnight / late (upgrade shift).
Further Shift and Overtime Information:
- Staff work on average 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday shifts a month. In the week following a Saturday shift you will get 1 day during the week off.
- Sundays are paid at 1.5 times overtime as Sundays are part of our normal support hours.
- Public holidays are paid at 2 times overtime.
- Upgrade shifts are not eligible for overtime.
- A flat rate per upgrade is paid according to store size.
- There is a stand-by shift, from 20h00 - 07h00, which is covered by 1 person for 1 week at a time.
- A stand-by allowance is paid.
Young professionals who want a good start, or to continue growing their IT careers, will find this an exciting company and an excellent opportunity. If you want to be part of a dynamic, innovative and growing organisation, then Spinnaker Software is the place for you.
Wishing you well with your career endeavours.