Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for on-site installations, as well as support of, and consumables sales to our retail client base in the Western Cape and surrounding regions.
Important duties and responsibilities.
- Client Calls
- Conduct Site Audits / Site Surveys.
- Site Preparations
- Cabling Installation
- Hardware Installations / Maintenance
- Software Installations / Maintenance
- Services and Maintenance
- Client Liaising
- Fault identification and solutions offering
- Escalation of more complex fault findings to 3rd Line Technicians
- Escalation of critical and high priority calls to line manager
- All related Administration
- Adhering to and monitoring SLA on calls assigned (SLA guidelines to be followed)
- Ensuring call logging system (Sysaid) is updated accordingly as per requirement
Key involvement with others:
- Branch Manager
- Technical Manager
- Technical Customer Support Department
- Senior IT Technicians
- Other IT Technicians
- Clients, both telephonically as well as on-site
- POS / Retail / FMCG experience preferred
- Microsoft Skills
- A+ N+ / MCSE / Diploma / Degree
- Hardware and Software experience
- Experience in cabling implementation
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Own vehicle
- Valid license
- Professional communication skills in English. (Afrikaans a plus factor, however, not essential)
- Conflict handling
- Additional desired behaviours:
- Conceptual application
- Task efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Professional communication Skills in English
- Above average communication skills in Afrikaans
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent career and development opportunities and first line of consideration for promotion comes from within. Arch has many success stories of individuals being promoted in the company. In a company with a headcount of 180, there are 19 employees who have been promoted year to date.
- Mentorship based on Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- High investment in training
- Opportunities for further job-related studies
Please note: Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Further to: Being unsuccessful for this role, does not mean we won't consider your application for future positions. CVs become part of our candidate database as a point of reference going forward. Please also feel free to apply via career junction should you see other Spinnaker Software vacancies of interest to you.
We look forward to receiving your application.