Arch is a premier retail management software package, developed, implemented, maintained and supported by Spinnaker Software into Sub-Saharan Africa. Arch is a cutting-edge product that continuously boasts first-to-market product developments.
The Junior IT Support Technician is responsible for on-site installations, as well as support of, and consumables sales to our retail client base in Gauteng and surrounding regions. This position is based in Midrand, Gauteng.
- A+ N+ or MCSE or Diploma or related Degree.
- Hardware and Software experience.
- SQL experience / exposure preferred, however not essential.
- POS / Retail / FMCG experience preferred, however not essential.
- Experience in cabling implementation.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work long hours as needed. (Standby, overtime, and weekends.)
- Own vehicle.
- Valid license.
- This position involves extensive travel and overtime.
- Travel reimbursed at AA rates when own vehicle is used for business purposes.
- Branch Manager.
- Technical Manager.
- Technical Customer Support department.
- Senior IT Technicians.
- Clients, both telephonic as well as on-site.
- Client calls.
- Conduct site audits / site surveys.
- Site preparations.
- Cabling installation.
- Hardware installations / maintenance.
- Software installations / maintenance.
- Services and maintenance.
- Liaising with clients.
- Fault identification and solutions offering.
- Escalation of more complex fault findings and high priority calls to Line Manager.
- All related administration.
- Adhering to and monitoring SLA on calls assigned. (SLA guidelines to be followed)
- Ensuring call logging system (Sysaid) is updated accordingly as per requirements.
- Conflict Handling.
- Task Efficiency.
- Attention to Detail.
- Willingness to Learn.
- The challenge of working with the highly complex Arch Retail POS products within the retail environment.
- Excellent career and development opportunities and first line of consideration for promotion comes from within.
- Arch has many success stories of individuals who have risen through the ranks, from junior, to today being in more senior positions.
- Mentorship based on Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- High investment in training.
- Possible opportunities for further job-related studies.
Should this position be of interest to you, please submit a comprehensive CV as well as a copy of a recent salary slip to us.
Although we endeavour to respond to each applicant individually, should you not hear from us within 15 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your career search.